I love to bake in the fall and winter. The house always smells so good! This is a delicious, easy to make recipe that my family loves.
Pumpkin Chocolate Tea Bread
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Heaping 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon each cloves and nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Butter and flour a 9×5″ loaf pan.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter, then whisk in the sugar, eggs, vanilla, and pumpkin.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together all of the remaining ingredients, except for the chocolate, then stir them into the pumpkin mixture until just combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Pour into the prepared pan. Bake in the center of the oven for about an hour, or until a toothpick tester comes out clean. (At this point, I’m busy, licking the pan. Because even the batter is yummy.) Cool for at least 10 minutes.
- To remove the loaf from the pan, run an offset spatula around the edge, then invert it onto a cooling rack. Turn right side up and serve in thick slices.
Until Monday, and wishing you baking aromas that make your mouth water,